I’m sure you haven’t noticed my lack of postings…. BUT in case you have.
I got married on August 1, 2013! It was amazing! I had a great week and the wedding of my dreams. I have always wanted something very intimate, and we were able to get just that. I personally don’t care for frills and fuss for such an important event in the lives of young people. — stepping off my soapbox 😉
Yes. I made my dress! When I said I was on a mission to make ALL my clothes in 2013, my wedding dress was included in that pledge!
I made Simplicity 1651 again. This time I used a top layer, underlining and regular lining. It was a LOT of material and kinda hot, but I loved it. The total cost for materials was about $40. I got all my material from Joann Fabrics and I bought waaaay too much material. There was about 1/2 yd left of the underlining and lining, but the there was almost nothing left of the top layer. I got 2 1/2 yds of all three layers and used a 50% off coupon. I wanted to link to it, but I cannot seem to find it.
|Detail of the top layer|
I was not thinking clearly when I was cutting and making the dress. If I was, I would have taken pictures of how I cut and assembled. The “Anchors Away” dress was a wearable muslin for fit. I made two small alterations to the dress. I took off the back bars and shortened the straps about 2″ for a better fit for my narrow back. The dress fit FABULOUSLY!
And of course I had to get my jumping shot in!